The kids will love this cute little desk that is made from a cupboard door! It’s a super easy DIY. Who will you make one for?
Now the kids can have their own handy desk that has a hinged top made from a side table or cupboard door. As you can see from the photos it’s extremely easy to recreate and the hinged top gives way to a good sized storage area.
Pop the mess out of site. It’s the perfect spot for all their most used items. They will love the chalkboard top too. This is such a great idea and easy to make. Paint it up in your favorite colors and it will be much-used.
Like what you see? Why not join up to receive our Newsletter .. you’ll get all our best content straight to your Inbox, several times a week. You’ll love it and it’s completely free! —> Join here
Here’s What You’ll Need To Make Your Cupboard Door Desk -:
- Small plastic cups, 4
- Self-feed drill bit, 1-inch diameter
- Wood clamp
- Wood filler
- Sandpaper, 150 and 220 grit
- Orbital sander (optional)
- Router with router table (optional)
- 1/2-inch core-box or round nose router bit (optional)
- Cabinet knob, 1 (optional)
- Table leg straight top mounting plate, 2 1/2 inches wide, 4
- Wooden furniture feet, 4 inches tall, 4 (can use taller feet, depending on preference)
- 2-inch paintbrush
- Paint + primer latex paint, white, semi-gloss
- 3-inch foam roller brush
- Chalkboard paint
- Small tin buckets, 4
The Creator of the above project is Rachel from ‘Shades of Blue Interiors’ and her Tutorial was created for E-How. You can find the full instructions to make your own below.
While you’re here you should check out the Chalkboard Desk and the Flip Top Art Desk that are further down our page so be sure that you continue scrolling all the way to the end and Pin your favourite ideas. You can find the full Tutorial here
Here’s another super cute version of the above table that we have included. You can grab details here